Friday, March 19, 2010

National Park Ride.


So if you weren't there, this is how the National Park ride went- most of us met at Martin Plc as usual at about 6:30am. It was from memory, Me, Jase, Dez, Benz, Chin Dog, Francis, Jun, Kiki, Mikey and Louis who was sent home to get his helmet (sorry if I forgot anybody). Let me just say that to get to Martin at that time, I had to get a train at 5:50 and out of bed at 5-ish, pretty fucking early, has anybody ever done a backwards circle at 6:30 in the morning?

So we roll out down George St, it's pretty empty. We head to Hell on Wheels to pick up Hot Brad, Lenny Tran, Andy P and friends. Down King St, then onto the Highway, no stops, no dramas, nobody left behind. A few hills towards Blakehurst and a couple people drop off so we chill in a side street. On the road again and across Tom Ugly's Bridge, which was really nice at that time of the morning. No stopping again till after Sylvania Macca's somewhere close to Kirrawee. A few people drop off on some hills again, so we wait in a side street. Is everyone here?
Wait there's 1 more dude coming?
Who is it?
I think it's Kiki, somebody call him. Where are you man?
Miranda!? What the fuck are you doing in Miranda? You went the wrong way!
Waited for 10 minutes and Kiki comes up the hill, chilling not even sweating with a beanie under his helmet. Few minutes down the road we take the turn off to the Sth Coast and we are faced with a huge hill. I knew it would kill me, but I wasn't not going to bomb it. So fast, I think Hot Brad got 62kms, he knows cause he had a computer thingy on his wheel. Got the bottom of the hill, hammered and faced with a long mellow climb, which was fucked! That bit fucking killed me. We get to the top and chilled at the Loftus National Park entrance, is everyone here?
Where's Kiki?
10 minutes later...............
No more stops till Heathcote Macca's now, it's not too bad from there, just "undulating" hills (undulating is my new word). Get to Macca's and I got to the toilet and fucking take off these fucked up underpants that I had on under my nicks. They were shredding my arse, I fucking threw them in the bin. From now on, free balling only in nicks.
So a lot more comfortably I/we rode down to the Waterfall entrance of the National. Faced with the decision of riding in or not we decide the best thing to do is ride into the park. Down another super rad hill bomb, funnest part of the trip for sure, then ride straight back out the way we came in. Which is for sure the heaviest hill I've climbed. 3/4 the way out and I got really bad cramps, J got a flat and someone else did too I think. I stop with Lenny T and Francis and stretched out my shit and back into it. Get around the corner and the hill was too hectic I fucking walked it, Chin Dog was the only one who pedaled all the way out, fucking animal! Back on the bike and out of the park, fucking cramps again, only this time way way way way way way way way worse. I never felt cramps that bad, I think I had my 1st period, I'm officially a woman now. 1 by 1 everybody emerges from the depth of National Park hell.

We went and got some Gatorades across the street and most people jump on the train. I feel relatively crampless and decide to ride back with Chin Dog, Hot Brad, Andy P and (dude I forgot your name, who was riding to Sutherland to pick his car up). We head back the way we came, almost straight away I feel cramps coming back (I'm a bitch), I take my feet out of the clips and bomb some hills which was fun. Me and Andy P call it quits at Sutherland and jump on the train, whilst Chin Dog and Hot Brad pedal power all the way back to the city, big ups!

The rest is kind of history and most people were at the regular SSS ride in the arvo. Just a mention to our international guests Corny and Erin (even though she is from Brisbane) who joined us too.

Fucking good ride, we'll be planning another 1 soon enough, so man up, carboload and eat salt for breakfast so you don't cramp up like a bitch! GET SOME!

I didn't take too many photo's this day, Dez did though, check his out!

No comments:

Post a Comment