Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kurnell Ride.

So we rode out to Kurnell a few ages ago. I just got the photo's back though, so chill out.

We met at Martin as usual, a smaller crew than the Waterfall ride but still strong. We rolled out around 7ish I think. The crew was Me (Faz), Dez, Lewis, Lenny T, Alex Pedro and Doug from Incu. We went up Oxford St then on to Flinders and Sth Dowling. Whilst we were stopped at some lights (cause we was being law abiding) some fat old dude riding solo on a roadie rolled past us along Cleveland St, kinda smirked and yelled out "Hipsters!". I laughed and wondered where that fat old fuck learned a "hipster" word like "Hipster". Anyway dude you're fat, old and shit so suck my balls. Where did you ride to?
Centenial park?
With gears?

Anyways, we rode out along the freeway(?) and through the airport tunnel which is pretty rad and fun. Everyone kept a good pace and we got through pretty quickly. We stopped just after that for a chill and cigarettes (not me though). So I was busting for a shit hey. We rode along General Holmes Drive till Dolls Point and I found some shitty public toilet with a glory hole in the cubical door. I don't know what the fuck goes on out in Dolls Point when the lights go out, it seems like a place I'd rather not be. Everyone took photo's of me on the shitter even with my camera, it was funny though and I was kinda into it.

Onto the Captain Cook bridge, which has 1 skinny arse path to ride over. Then round Taren Point in the back streets till we hit a pretty good bikepath that goes from Taren Point all the way out to Shark Park. From Shark Park to Kurnell the road is flat with a shoulder most of the way, it's super fast! Everyone was hammering along there, we smashed a few roadies and some hybrid bike things then a dude with a pram, fucken smoked the pram dude!

Arrive Kurnell National Park around I don't know when. Chilled out for a bit, took some photo's, ate some bananas, drank some Gaterade and hung out with a Muslim fishing family. We found a cafe near by and had some coffees then back on road.

Good pace along the flat stretch again, all the way to the Captain Cook bridge and then Pedro starting feeling it. We didn't leave him behind though, we waited and then waited. Man down! Pedro my little brother ended up having to grab a taxi to the train station. His legs couldn't keep running, next time bro, you got it man. We raced through the airport tunnel again, after that it was a bitch of a home stretch. Incu Doug started to fall behind whilst Lenny and Lewis steamed ahead. Dez and I couldn't leave our man on the freeway alone so we chilled till he caught up. Dez broke out home around abouts Roseberry, my legs were on the verge of cramping so I had to keep a steady pace. I met up with Lewis and Lenny around Waterloo turn off followed shortly after by Doug. We rolled onto Remy and Lee's cafe, they sorted us out water and coffee's. Big up Rem and Lee!!!!

Good ride, nice and fast, ended up getting back to the cafe at about 11:30 I think and we left the city at 7. We covered about 80kms over all, not to mention the ride out to Tempe velodrome that evening with me bitching like I got a itchy vagina the whole way (even though it was my idea, I'm a loser).

Rad shit.

Incu Doug.

Around abouts Brighton.

Lewis, not Le Pista.

I fully thought these planes were going to crash.

Lenny T

Pedro.

Arrival.

Dez Man.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious storytelling! And great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All I wanna come but at the back of my head I feel bad from the last ride :(

    ReplyDelete